My husband and I are both gluten free, so I’m constantly on the search for delicious food items that don’t taste gluten free. Here are eight of my favorite gluten free finds in no particular order. As of the time of this posting, all items were gluten free, but ingredients can change. Please be sure to check the ingredient list and/or call the company to be sure the item you are interested in is still gluten free.
1. Tinkyada organic brown rice pasta noodles. I’ve tried other gluten-free noodles before and thought perhaps I was eating cardboard. This isn’t the case with Tinkyada noodles, which come in a variety of noodle shapes including spirals, spaghetti noodles, and lasagne. I love these noodles and think they actually taste better than the wheat/egg yolk variety.
2. The Cravings Place Ooey Gooey Choclatey Chewy Brownie Mix. This is a delicious brownie mix that is also wheat, nut, dairy, egg, and bean free. A great substitute for “regular” brownies. We’ve also used it for birthday cakes as well. Add a dollop of frosting or gluten free pie filling to the top and you’ve got a tasty dessert for any occasion. If you love recipes for tasty gluten free treats, check out my recipe for scrumptious gluten free/egg free pumpkin bars here.
3. Bisquick Gluten Free Pancake and Baking Mix. The pancakes actually taste pretty good. The only downfall is that it is a bit pricey for the small box. But if you are needing something easy for breakfast, this is a great choice.
4. Nature’s Hilights Rice Pizza Crust. Out of all the things I missed when I first discovered my wheat allergy, I missed pizza the most. With this brand of pizza crust, I can still have pizza and top it with all kinds of healthy toppings.
5. Rice Dream rice milk. If you must go dairy free, as my husband and I do, this is the ticket. It’s also gluten free and comes in vanilla-flavored as well. For a funny story of just how far some of us will go for our Rice Dream milk, check out my humor post here.
6. Gluten free Oats LLC. The company who grows and packages these gluten free oats is a Celiac family who takes pride in providing oats for those with restricted diets. And oatmeal is sooooo good for you! For my yummy gluten free no bake cookie recipe using oatmeal, please go here.
7. Pace thick and chunky salsa. I always appreciate it when large companies go out of their way to make their products gluten free.
8. Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies. My husband loves these tasty treats that are free of the eight most common allergens. So those who are allergic to dairy, egg, and tree nuts will also enjoy these tasty treats.