Every Friday, the Zeller family can be found popping enormous bowls of popcorn and watching a family movie for family night.
As a family who guards their eyes against many of the typical Hollywood-fare movies, we are constantly on the hunt for clean movies. People ask me frequently if there are such movies – movies that are well-done, clean, and void of language, sexuality, and gratuitous violence.
My answer? Yes! There are many, many good movies out there that fit this criteria.
How do I know? Because our entertainment center is chock full of such movies. And as one who has reviewed dozens of movies, I am always on the lookout for movies to add to my list of family-approved movies.
Below are nine recently-released movies for your next family night in no particular order:
- Fixer Upper – All-right, so who doesn’t love Chip and Joanna Gaines? Two seasons have been recently released on DVD; and four seasons have been released for download. Step inside the world of the Gaines family where they complete amazing “before” and “after” houses for everyday families.
- Wish for Christmas – Although a Christmas movie, this one is excellent to watch any time of the year. A mix of humor and drama, this also includes a great lesson of putting others before ourselves.
- Priceless – Are you a fan of the music duo For King & Country? Then you may recognize the lead actor in this phenomenal film, Joel Smallbone. The movie (appropriate for those 13 and older) is a well-done drama about a woman and her sister unknowingly trapped in the sex trafficking trade. Will they be rescued in time?
- Coffee Shop – Remember the awesome series, Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye? The producers of that series have just released this new drama (complete with some humor and romance). A coffee shop owner is about to lose her shop. What happens when love enters the picture?
- The Wild Brothers Series – The Wild Family serve as missionaries in New Guinea. Come along as they share their experiences. The graphics are phenomenal, the message superb, and the family awesome. Perfect for all ages!
- The Jungle Book – This new version has incredible graphics. There are a few scary scenes that will likely be frightening for the youngest of viewers.
- Love Finds You in Valentine – Having a girls’ night with your daughters? Love Finds You in Valentine is just the ticket with its touch of drama and romance. When a city girl inherits a farm, will she decide to keep it?
- Karen Kingsbury’s The Bridge – With two DVDs depicting characters’ lives within a seven-year time span, viewers almost feel as though they are friends with the main characters, who go through trials and tribulations. An excellent movie of love, faith, and hope.
- The Peanuts Movie – Really, who doesn’t love the Peanuts? I remember reading my big thick Peanuts book as a child. While some newer renditions of movies tend to disappoint, The Peanuts Movie does just the opposite. A movie for all ages, it’s perfect for family night.
What are some family-friendly movies your family enjoys?