Ahhhh….the life of a homeschool mom!
I was going back through some of my two daughters’ vocabulary sentence notebooks from a few years ago. Whether more serious like my oldest daughter, or a goofball like my youngest daughter (who takes after her mom!), their senses of humor certainly came out in their writing assignments.
Here is a compilation, in no particular order, are 13 of the “best of the best” guaranteed to make you laugh taken directly from the real-life vocabulary sentence notebooks…
1. She did not know that they do mathematics in the Delaware militia.
2. The tranquil tortoise uniquely remembers going to a unique university in a different universe to learn how to use a vacuum.
3. The mischievous lieutenant (who had been causing mischief), caught pneumonia a day before he had to pay the mortgage.
4. She is afraid the physician will persist with insistence that she get a porcelain cat.
5. The literate mayor will carry a sapphire into a quagmire.
6. One potato makes a whole plate of french fries. (Very profound!)
7. The fierce flies forgot about the giant foot and their guide got stepped on. (This one came complete with an illustration!)
8. The mayor looked awfully suspicious when we found him adjacent to the butte in our backyard.
9. The book which you just read (the one that gave you a headache) is substantial.
10. The elephant will be frightened by everybody in the grocery store.
11. The cashier was courteous enough to give me a free chicken.
12. The president’s spontaneous reaction while trying taxidermy while eating was not pleasant. (He threw up).
13. The laborious cavalier has a quarrelsome leopard that eats dandelions.
Thank you for traveling down memory lane with me. What are some of the funniest things your kids have written?