Thanks for stopping by my WordPress blog! I hope you will be blessed and encouraged by my posts.
A bit about me –
The Random stuff –
1. I dedicated my life to Jesus at a church camp at the age of 16. I rededicated my life to him at the age of 27.
2. My favorite Bible verses are Psalm 91, Jeremiah 29:11, and Psalm 19:14.
3. I have been married to my husband for 26 years, and we have two daughters.
4. I met my husband through a prank phone call. Yep, I’m the one who made the call!
5. My favorite past-time is spending time with my family and doing just about anything outdoors, including camping, hiking, canoeing, archery, running, volleyball, and gardening. My family loves to take our little Herbie-mobile ORV to the mountains and travel the back roads. I also love to read!
6. I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was seven.
7. I have a slight addiction to cute clothes, good books, and hot tamales.
My Official Bio:
Penny Zeller is known for her heartfelt stories of faith and her passion to impact lives for Christ through fiction. While she has had a love for writing since childhood, she began her adult writing career penning articles for national and regional publications on a wide variety of topics.
Today Penny is the author of over a dozen books. She is also a homeschool mom and a group fitness instructor. Her desire is to assist and nurture women into a closer relationship with Christ.
When Penny is not dreaming up new characters, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters and camping, hiking, canoeing, bicycling/cycling, reading, running, gardening, and playing volleyball.
She is represented by Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency and loves to hear from her readers at her website, blog, and on Facebook.
The Underground Railroad Brides Collection Trailer
McKenzie – Book #1 in the Montana Skies Historical Romance Series
Kaydie – Book #2 in the Montana Skies Historical Romance Series Trailer
Hailee – Book #3 in the Montana Skies Historical Romance Series Trailer
77 Ways Your Family Can Make a Difference: Ideas and Activities for Serving Others
Hollyhocks (children’s picture book about food allergies)
Statement of Faith
I hold and adhere to the following statement of faith:
• I believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. II Timothy 3:15-17.
• I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6, Revelation 1:8, 18.
• I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22-24; I Corinthians 15:3-4.
• I believe that we are all sinners by nature and by choice and that salvation is only acquired by repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ resulting in the regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way in which we can obtain eternal salvation. Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12, Romans 6:23.
• I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who imparts spiritual gifts as He chooses and whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9.
• I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:11-15; I Corinthians 15:51-57.
• I believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. Ephesians 1:22-23; I Corinthians 12:12, 27.
• I believe that the ministry of evangelism, edification and exhortation are responsibilities of both the Church as a whole and individual Christians, as well. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Hebrews 10:25; I Peter 3:15.
*A huge thank you to M.O.M. Initiative for allowing me to use their Statement of Faith, to which I fully agree.
Feel free to contact me via the contact form below.
Please note: At the present time, I am unable to review books. Thanks so much for your understanding!
13 thoughts on “About Me”
I, too was at CCWC (my third year). I definitely think it is the best of the Christian Writer’s conferences. Marlene is such a blessing and the worship is the key to her conferences. Your tips for prep are right on, especially about not taking too much.
Loved the Blog. I am an amateur photographer and love taking photos of unusual things, like a camel’s eye or hoof, the eye of a famous sculpture, etc.
Thanks for following me so I could become acquainted with your work.
Hi Penny, I am interested in purchasing a copy of Wyoming Treasures. My grandmother is Martha Kinkade who you have written about in this book.
I hope to hear from you to inform me of how I can get a copy.
I have found this book to be such a delight to read and picture of how things were for the folks you have interviewed. I just loved reading the stories my grandmother told. She is a very special lady and I want to thank you for including her as a Wyoming Treasure.. that she truly is.
My name is Adriana Zamot, publisher of an on-line magazine, Inpsired Women Magazine. I would love to reach you to feature you in one of our upcoming issues. Your story would be great in our January issue. Could you contact me at the email on the reply or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, Ms. Zamot! I would be honored to be featured in Inspired Women Magazine! Thank you for the opportunity.
Perfect piece of work you have done, this site is really cool with superb info .
I, too was at CCWC (my third year). I definitely think it is the best of the Christian Writer’s conferences. Marlene is such a blessing and the worship is the key to her conferences. Your tips for prep are right on, especially about not taking too much.Loved the Blog. I am an amateur photographer and love taking photos of unusual things, like a camel’s eye or hoof, the eye of a famous sculpture, etc.Thanks for following me so I could become acquainted with your work.
Hi Penny, it’s nice to get to know you a little on your blog. I’m stopping by to thank you again for your kind comment on Preslaysa’s interview of me back in May. I’m the writer of Shadowed in Silk, the historical set in British Raj India.
My publisher and I would like to send you a free Ebook or Shadowed in Silk if you would like. I can send the Ebook right away, or if you prefer a printed version I can send that to you in September when it is released. And we’d just like to thank you again for your kind encouragement.
Looking forward to hearing back from you. My email spelled out is
Christine (dot) d (dot) schmidtke (at) gmail (dot) com
No spaces of course in the email address.
Yes, Christine, of course I remember you! Your book looks wondeful! I will email you…
Wonderful, looking forward to that.
I think it’s so completely interesting that you met your hubby from a prank phone call. How neat is that? Definitely one of a kind.
I was never hula hoop champion, but I want to visit the same places as you, well, Alaska and PEI, at least. I haven’t heard too much about Hilton Head. Guess I’ll have to go do some research!
Love your blog ~ 🙂
Hey Amanda! Meeting my husband through a prank phone call was definitely an experience! We still laugh about 19 years later and feel sad that caller i.d. was invented for that reason, lol! I really appreciate you stopping by – it was great to see you here!
I’m so excited that I found you on Goodreads. We have several similarities, and I look forward to following your blog and learning from you in the process! I, too, am a believer, a wife, a mother and an aspiring author. I have wanted to be a writer since I was able to use my fat Snoopy pencil to form words and VERY simple sentences! Your books are right up my alley, and I’m especially anxious to read your Montana Skies series.
How do you balance everything you do–family (wife, mother, cook, housekeeper…the list goes on and on), church, blog, books, etc.? I admire other women, like you, who manage to keep their families their top priority while continuing with and succeeding at their passion and I want to learn from the masters!
Thank you for your blog, your insightfulness and your open commitment to and proclamation of our Lord Jesus!
Hi Joy! It is so nice to meet you! I have to pop on over to Goodreads – haven’t been there in awhile 🙂 Balancing everything is a challenge – one that I am still learning 🙂 Preslaysa Williams, another writer, recently interviewed me about that very topic at http://www.preslaysa.com/2011/09/05/mm-mondays-guest-post-by-novelist-penny-zeller/
Again, Joy, it’s awesome to meet a fellow believer, wife, mom, and writer. May the Lord bless and guide you in your writing endeavors!