Besides a wife, mom, and author, I also am a fitness instructor and am passionate about good health. I’ve been encouraging the participants in my classes to make healthy lifestyle changes that will have results, and wanted to encourage you as well.
Please join me next week for our regularly-scheduled program. Until then, come join me for Penny’s Healthy Living Challenge!
Before I give details, I do need to reiterate two things. First, I’m not a medical professional and cannot give medical advice. Second, please check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise/supplement/eating regime to be sure it is safe for you.
Third, there may be some things on the list you can do and others that, due to limitations, whether time, health, pain, or otherwise, that you are unable to do. No worries! Do what you can and don’t worry about the rest.
A few notes…
- Does not have to be consecutive days.
- Each item done each day earns one point for that item per day.
- One point for each item for each day accomplished so there is potential for 80 points per week based on a five-day plan. Challenge yourself to see how many points you can get in a week!
Penny’s Healthy Living Challenge:
- Do at least 30 minutes of cardio
- Do at least 30 minutes of weightbearing/weightlifting exercises
- Do 25 jumps (i.e., jumping jacks, trampoline, or jumprope)
- Do at least 20 situps/curls/or plank
- Do 20 pushups
- Spend time in God’s Word
- No extra sugar in your diet
- Do something nice for someone
- Get 15 minutes of fresh air
- Spend time in prayer
- Get some Vitamin D (sunshine or synthetic)
- Eat at least three vegetables
- Eat at least three fruits
- Get at least seven hours of sleep
- Keep stress to a minimum
- Drink 64 ounces of water
- Have at least one belly laugh
- Get 10,000 or more steps
- Get a hug, give a hug (pets count!)
God gave us amazing bodies. Eyes that can see the beauty of Creation, from a tiny baby to the mountains in the distance. Arms that are capable of giving the best hugs. Legs that carry us daily to where we need to go. We need to take care of what God has blessed us with, and what better time to begin than now?
How are you doing with the challenge? I would love to hear about your progress, so feel free to leave me a comment!
Before you go, check out these other posts:
11 verses about God’s unfailing love
the importance of aligning our actions with our words
tips for keeping your New Year’s resolutions
5 ways to start your day off right
7 inexpensive pieces of exercise equipment to jump start your workout
Looking to homeschool? Here are 7 things to consider