There is no problem God can’t solve.
There is no promise God can’t keep.
There is no prayer God can’t answer.
There is no person God can’t save. ~ author unknown
I have no idea who wrote the above quote, but it’s a truthful statement that applies to anything life throws at us:
There is no problem God can’t solve – The husband who just lost his job and has no idea how he’ll support his family. God can solve the problem of unemployment.
There is no promise God can’t keep – The teen who’s all alone and depressed with nowhere to turn. When God says He’ll never leave her nor forsake her, is that a promise she can trust? His promises in His Word are trustworthy.
There is no prayer God can’t answer – The bad news he just received that he has cancer. Does God hear the prayer that’s being sent for courage to endure and for the healing of an illness? He hears our every prayer.
There is no person God can’t save – The spiritually single woman who longs for her husband to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. No one is beyond God’s saving grace.
So what can we do when faced with the difficulties of life?
Here are some suggestions for getting through those particularly rough times.
1. Spend an abundant amount of time in prayer. I have found in my own life that the times when I’m going through difficulties are the times when I grow in my relationship with the Lord. I am reminded anew to surrender to Him, lean on Him, and put my hope in Him, in every situation.
2. Draw upon God’s Word. During a particularly rough time in 2007, I drew great comfort from Psalm 91.
To this day, it remains my favorite chapter in the Bible. Here are some other verses to lean on during the troubles of life.
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. ~ Matthew 11:28
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you. ~ Psalm 55:22
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. ~ Psalm 46:1
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6
I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. ~ Psalm 121:1For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~ Isaiah 40:29-31
3. Reach out to and rely on a friend, someone who’s faith is strong and someone who will be there for you for the duration of your situation. It’s true that you find out who your true friends are when you’re going through a difficult situation. That type of friend will be there for you through the good times…and the bad.4. Seek assistance from your pastor, one of the elders, or your Bible study leader. Many churches now have Biblical counselors who apply the Word of God to the hardships of life.
5. Ask for prayer support. One of the biggest blessings is our church’s prayer chain. Ask for prayer support from those you trust and who are committed to interceding for you.
6. Think of a way to bless someone else. The quote that states “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle” is definitely a good one to put into practice.Sometimes life’s challenges seem overwhelming. You wonder if God is really there and if He truly cares about what you’re experiencing. He does care. Very much. And He loves you so much that He sent His own Son to die for you.
Don’t give up hope. Reach out to Jesus. Cry out to Him. Trust in Him. And depend on Him.
Friend, He loves you so much.
Other posts you may enjoy: